Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Josiah

Josiah had a great 7th birthday. On his birthday I made him a special breakfast and he wore his new outfit, which was a new John Deer t-shirt. Then we went to Shogun for dinner. They made a big deal out of his birthday which made him feel extra special. Then when we got home we opened his presents, he got his ultimate gift which was a cricut from us, grandparents and great-grandparents now he can create until his heart in content. Josiah had picked out a big cupcake cake for his cake and homemade vanilla ice cream. On Saturday was the big party. He wanted an art friend party. So we put hand prints on our art aprons, finger painted, made salt dough creations, did color by number with self portraits and lastly decorated our own cupcakes, Josiah's favorite part. After his party was over he told me it was the best party ever and that I was the "Best Mom". Words that make this all well worth it.


Josiah's Birthday Cake
Striking a pose. Samuel and Lydia decorated the cupcakes. They were so proud that they placed them around the cake.

Art projects.


Food table, Caleb and Josiah loading up.

Salt dough creations.

Decorating Cupcakes. I think they all enjoyed this the most.

Josiah opening his gifts.

8 comments:

Mikelle said...

Very cool cake. I love that he wanted a cricut, is a possible to be jealous of a 7yr old.

Ovard Clan said...

You always do the funnest stuff! I am sure the kids had a blast. You have amazing patience to throw a party and do all those wonderful things! Happy Birthday Josiah!

anne said...

Happy Birthday Josiah! Wow...can't believe he's 7. That party looked so fun!

Nicole Bolinger said...

sounds like a load of fun! You are very creative Jeannie. I am taking notes from you! ;) Happy Birthday Josiah!!

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

Okay,I know Deucey looked dead bored there, but he really did have a great time (told me so himself) and he really hoped Josiah liked the moonsand (Deucey does!). BTW, the cutter I have (but have never used) is called the Xyron Wishblade. Should you ever need/want to use it, you are more than welcome. I'll send the manual since I haven't a clue myself... ;)

Candie said...

Cute party! I love that big cupcake, I've been wanting to buy that pan. I can't believe how big all the kids are getting!

BTW, You can have your SU order shipped to Arkansas!!

Shane & Laina said...

You are a great mom! Amazing ideas, you're kids are so lucky, Josiah was right when he said you're the best mom ever!

Brooke said...

You are too amazing! You have always thrown the best birthday parties! You have such fun traditions for your family! I miss you! Happy Birthday Josiah! Your kids are growing up!