Monday, September 8, 2008
Raspberries
When I saw an add in the paper for pick your own raspberries I was really excited! Since it has cooled off to the low 80's I knew this experience would be much better than our last. At least this time there would be berries to pick. I love raspberries, especially picking them. It reminds me of visiting my Great Grandparents farm in Vernal, UT every summer. It was my favorite vacation every year. Now my children were able to have fun picking berries with Cuyler and I. There is something so beautiful about walking down a row a raspberries and picking them yourself. The whole ride home the children were reading the recipes we got at the farm. Caleb wants to make a pie and Josiah wants to make jam. We'll keep you posted.
Caleb, Josiah and Samuel's head. Josiah picked the most berries. He truly is a farmer at heart.
Samuel wore a jacket to protect him from the "pricklies".
Samuel
They gave you this great stand to use, then gave you your own row to pick.
Aren't these just beautiful!
Samuel never will leave Lydia
He always makes sure she is ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun! You'll have to tellus where you went. WE have been trying to find U-pick farms but have had no luck!
Looks like ya'll had a great time!
My goodness, you have better memories than I do about picking rasberries! I lived on a farm and rasberry picking was an after school chore. Hated it.......spiders and thorns. The pictures are sure pretty though.
What fun!!! It looks so beautiful there!!!
Post a Comment